· 60’s was everywhere on the A/W catwalks. From polo necks to knee high boots for Louis Vuitton to printed shift dresses from Valentino, it looks like the swinging 60’s are back.
· Fairytale of fashion week… bring on the rich jewel tones, embellished capes and fur hoods. You can expect to see these all over the high street as the cold weather hits!
· Fast food… fast fashion! Karl Lagerfeld’s supermarket show led the way here! Trashy but fabulous is in, with garish colour blocking and in your face branding. And who could forget the wonder of McDonalds Moschino?! Definitely the chic-est happy meal around!
· Winter blues are all the rage this season, replacing the pink trends of recent years (Nothing will make me ditch the pink!)
· Maybe it’s the ‘50 shades of grey’ factor, but sexy seductive clothing featured heavily on the catwalk, and we’ll see that on the high street too. Look out for sumptuous silk, soft black leather and flashes of red. (Side note: Hate that book- how about we don’t glamourise domestic violence? – but love this look!)
So after a long day of shopping and a lot of time on our feet, we were ready for some dinner, a few drinks, and a comfy seat!
We headed off to the Strand for dinner, after checking with the guys at the door what time they thought we should be back to start queuing for the 6.30 Julien MacDonald Catwalk. They said to be back at 6 to queue so off we headed for dinner!
We got back to Somerset house at 5.45 to find the queue already about 100 people long- damn it! So we joined and remarkably the next 30 minutes or so went pretty quickly and they started to let us in around 6.15. All in all, we didn’t get too bad seats, and we were excited for the show to begin!
I won’t go in to too much detail, but let’s just say 1)Hilary Alexander is fabulous, she came out before the show & was hilarious and 2)the gowns were sensational! I’ll let the pictures speak for themselves and hope they give a flavour of the event!