Show your wardrobe some love- how to take care of your clothes.
Busy buying Christmas presents for everyone, no room in the budget for new pieces for yourself? Make sure you take good care of what you have in your wardrobe, and you’ll be all set til the January sales!
– Cashmere should always ALWAYS be hand washed, ignore the label if it says any differently! To remove excess water gently, try using a salad spinner- you’ll never look back!
– Jeans too long? Wash them twice before you take them to get taken up, jeans always shrink in length when washed. (I am bad and always buy jeans that are too long!)
– Don’t leave ironing your outfit until just before you leave, If you put it on whilst warm this can make even more wrinkles appear! Give it 5-10 mins to cool and you’ll be all set!
– We’ve all used the hairspray trick to prevent ladders in tights- but it works so much better with the cheap hairspray, so don’t waste your good stuff! Have a can of bargain basement spray in your cupboard for this reason!
– This last tip is a life saver for me, who is always rushing about in the morning and spilling foundation on my work shirts… Blot it out with shaving foam and it’ll come out easily!
So last week I helped you work out your shape… now that you know what you’ve got – here’s how to dress it!
If you’re an apple, like Jennifer Hudson-
🍎You want to elongate your midsection and create the illusion of a smaller waist.
🍎V- neck tops to create the illusion of a longer torso.
🍎A good bra is your friend- the right one will offer good lift and support and make all the difference to your posture!
🍎Always wear your belt at the smallest part of your waist for maximum results!
🍎Wear shorter skirts to show off your legs (your best asset!) and draw attention away from your midsection!
If you’re a pear, like Kim Kardashian-West-
🍐Don’t wear bright prints on your lower half- that draws attention to hips and thighs.
🍐Try a-line skirts, which camouflage wider hips.
🍐Wide hem trousers also help to balance the hips.
🍐Look for jackets that hit right above the waist- they’ll be most flattering!
🍐Pointy-toed shoes are an easy way to elongate your legs.
If you’re an hourglass, like Scarlett Johansson-
⌛️Never hide your curves with baggy clothing- this will just make you look bigger!
⌛️Fitted dresses and a belt at the waist to enhance your hourglass shape.
⌛️Try high-waisted skirts to show off your hips.
⌛️You can pick thin, lightweight styles and fabrics to showcase your curves!
⌛️Skinny and straight leg jeans look great on you too!
If you’re a rectangle shape, like Cameron Diaz-
◼️Scoop neck and sweetheart tops are an easy way to create curves.
◼️Tops with detail- like unusual collars and ruffles to flatter your chest.
◼️Always invest in a good bra that will make the most of what you have.
◼️Experiment with layering to add more dimension to your look!
◼️You can play about with bright colours on your lower half- a really flattering look!
If you’re an inverted triangle shape, like Demi Moore-
🔽Wide-leg trousers and full skirts look great on you and create balance!
🔽Spaghetti strap tops and boat necklines are to be avoided- they make broad shoulders look broader!
🔽Look for tops that call attention to your waistline, either with cut or embellishment.
🔽Look for clothes that create the illusion of a waist – high waisted jeans are your friend!